Call for papers
The call for scientific paper proposals has ended
The Summit's committee of experts has received a number of proposals for scientific papers from researchers interested in the cooperative model.
The committee now has the difficult task of deciding which proposals to accept. The announcement will be made on April 27.
Selected papers will be compiled in a volume to be published in advance and made available to 2,000 heads of small, medium and large cooperatives and mutuals who want to discuss their concerns about the current and future challenges they all share, both with one another and with invited international leaders.
Solicited research themes
Papers must be related to the Summit's unifying theme “The Amazing Power of Cooperatives” and to one of the four following sub-themes:
- The role of cooperatives and mutuals in the global economy
- The performance of the cooperative and mutualist business model
- The evolution of the cooperative and mutualist business model
- The global socio-political influence of cooperatives and mutuals
Click here for more information on the Major themes of the 2012 Summit.
Selected contributions will stimulate discussion and debate and help identify possible solutions to the development and performance challenges of cooperatives and mutuals.
Priority will be given to research produced in the past year. The committee is looking primarily for unpublished papers but will also consider works already published in journals with circulation limited to a specific country. This is an opportunity to make local contributions available to an international audience.
The volume to be published will contain articles in English, French and Spanish.
- Including the bibliography, papers may not exceed 30,000 characters, spaces not included.
- Papers must include a 150-word (maximum) summary in English, French and Spanish.
- A writing protocol will be posted shortly on the Summit site and sent to researchers whose proposals have been selected.
Conditions for publication
A committee of international experts will evaluate the proposals, and researchers will receive notice of acceptance or rejection no later than April 27, 2012.
Completed papers must be submitted by July 27, 2012 at the latest.
Registration fee discount
Researchers whose papers have been selected and who wish to participate in the Summit will receive a 40% discount on the registration fees.
Opportunity for researchers to present at the Summit
In addition to the opportunity to publish and distribute their papers, researchers who wish to do so may present their research findings at the International Summit at a designated location.
For more information, please contact:
- - Marie-Paule Robichaud (email@example.com) - English
- - Ernesto Molina (firstname.lastname@example.org) - French or Spanish